Thursday, February 19, 2009

broadway doesn't go for booze and dope

Last night I was up until 2:30 working on a research paper, and then woke up 5 hours later at 7:30 to go to class. That was apparently enough to have the craziest dream I've had in a long time. My boyfriend Paul, a bunch of friends, and I were staying at some unknown location. Paul took it upon himself to create a full stage remake of the 1967 campy classic, Valley of the Dolls. He obsessively built the set, creating a concept map from a collage of various media materials he had collected about the movie over the years. He would send my friends and I out in small groups to find more Valley of the Dolls related things (which were conveniently hung on walls in bare rooms in strangely abandoned concrete buildings). My mom was in there somewhere too, probably telling us all we were crazy.


2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love picturing Charlene telling everyone how ridiculous the whole thing is! HAHA

    ReplyDelete